• The winemakers have taken to calling this wine “The Other One” in an ode to the Grateful Dead. Incidentally, the Grateful Dead has served as the soundtrack for the making of more than one vintage.
• The wife of one of the winemakers is not a fan of The Grateful Dead and hates the name.
• The unnamed wine, currently in barrel, will be a straightforward, easy drinking, and fruit forward, uncomplicated red wine that may be made up of multiple varietals including Syrah, Grenache, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet.
• The winemakers also considered naming the wine “Nomad” because of the frequency of winery moves (six times in eight vintages). The name was already taken.
• The varietals come from more various winemaking regions throughout Northern California and the Central Coast. It will not be a vineyard designate wine.
• The wine will retail for under $20.
You must be an Olson Ogden Wines Facebook Fan Page member to participate. This contest is open to all ages, however, prize recipient must be 21 years of age or older (proof of age required at delivery). Contest submissions become the property of Olson Ogden Wines. We are looking forward to your creative inspiration!